Make provision for criminal sanctions against those who have entered the UK illegally or who have remained in the UK without legal authority.
1 Presence in the United Kingdom
(1) Any person who is present in the United Kingdom after 24 October 2015
without legal authority shall be guilty of an offence.
(2) Any person who after 24 October 2015 enters or attempts to enter the United Kingdom without legal authority shall be guilty of an offence.
(1) A person guilty of an offence under section 1 is liable on summary conviction—
(a) to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months;
(b) to a fine which in Scotland or Northern Ireland may not exceed £5,000,
or to both.
(2) Any person who is convicted of an offence under section 1 shall be subject to a deportation order unless the Secretary of State deems such a deportation order to be against the public interest.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2) above, a deportation order shall be deemed to be in the public interest unless a certificate to the contrary has been
submitted by the Secretary of State to the Court.
3 Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be cited as the Illegal Immigrants (Criminal Sanctions) Act 2014.
(2) The provisions of this Act shall come into force on the day on which it is